- Opportunity Area Year 4 Announcement
- New online careers platform launched to support year 10 and 11 pupils
- Children in Blackpool are going over the rainbow to improve their literacy skills
- Update – Get Blackpool Reading campaign
- Secretary of State for Education visits the Blackpool Opportunity Area
The Blackpool Opportunity Area was launched by the government to raise education standards locally, providing every child and young person in the area with the chance to reach their full potential in life.
The programme includes 3 priority focused areas including raising attainment in Blackpool’s schools, supporting vulnerable children to stay in mainstream education, and improving advice, support and aspiration for young people when considering career paths, moving into work or further education.
Keep up-to-date with the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter.