A number of funded phonic showcases will be held at Blackpool’s very own St John Vianney English Hub during 2019.
We are delighted to announce that we will be running a series of funded showcases to show elements of best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics whilst promoting a love of reading.
Help every child to become a reader
The event will include:
- Introductory talk by the Headteacher explaining the key leadership decisions that have enabled success
- A learning walk to see and discuss best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics and early reading
- Research-based evidence woven throughout the sessions
- Practical activities and ideas to take away action planning
- How to choose and use resources effectively in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics
- Follow up email / telephone conversations / materials for further support after the showcase (potential access to funding for resources and training
Who should attend?
- Headteachers and Senior Leaders to accompany Reception / KS1 teachers with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (up to 2 participants per school).
- Funding is available for supply cover and travel which will be reimbursed once action plans have been shared with the English Hub.
Where and when will they take place?
All showcases will run from 9am until 12pm at St John Vianney English Hub. Dates for 2019 are
To book your places, please email email@example.com